Wednesday, August 12, 2009

20 Questions Every Mesothelioma Victim Should Ask Their Doctor

Every mesothelioma patient should have an open discussion with their oncologist. They should ask their doctor the following questions:

1-What is the type of mesothelioma that I have?

3-Has my cancer spread beyond the primary site?

2-What is the stage (extent) of my cancer, and what exactly does its stage signify?

5-Is my cancer likely to be resectable{surgically removable}?

4-Do I still need to do some other tests before I can commence treatment?

6-How much experience do you have treating this type of cancer? 7-Should I get a second opinion?

8-What are the different treatment options available to me?

9-What is the aim of my treatment?

10-What type of treatment do you recommend and why?

11-What risks or side effects of the type of treatment you are recommending?

12-What should I do to be ready for treatment?

13-How long will treatment last?

14-What will it involve?

15- Where will it be done?

16- Will the treatment affect my daily activities?

17-What should I do if there is a re occurrence of the cancer?

18-Will I need follow up after treatment? If so what type of follow up will I need?

19-What are the available clinical trials that I may participate in?

20-What is my likely prognosis {lifespan}?

Reference:Bello Kamorudeen http://www.mesotheliomacorner.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment